Health Licensing Board Discipline MN
Are you a medical professional? Often chemical dependency or legal issues can draw the attention of Medical Licensing Boards. In certain circumstances, you may also have the responsibility to proactively inform the board of an incident. The Licensing Boards will be represented by the experienced attorneys at the Minnesota Attorney General’s Office. It is important that you hire an attorney that can provide the representation you need and protect your professional license. The experienced attorneys at Ambrose Law Firm can provide you high quality legal representation both in criminal court and in front of the health licensing boards.
The Board disciplinary process can result in:
- No Action/Dismissal
- Stipulation Agreement
- Stayed Suspension (Maintain License with Disciplinary/Corrective Action)
- License Suspension
- Loss of License
The process often begins with a phone call from an investigator, or you may receive a letter or Notice of Conference from the Board that outlines the allegations against you and directs you to respond in writing. To protect your livelihood, it is important to consult with an attorney as soon as you are contacted by the Board.
After responding in writing to the allegations, you will be required to attend a Conference in front of a Review/Discipline Panel. If the Review Panel does not dismiss the matter or you cannot come to a mutually agreed upon course of action, you will need to proceed to a Contested Case Hearing in front of an Administrative Law Judge. Consulting with an experienced attorney immediately upon being contacted by the Board is the best way to protect your livelihood. Do not wait to contact an attorney until it’s too late.
Health Occupations Subject To Professional Discipline By:
- Minnesota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- Minnesota Board of Dentistry
- Minnesota Board of Dietetics and Nutrition Practice
- Minnesota Board of Emergency Medical Services
- Minnesota Board of Medical Practice
- Minnesota Board of Nursing
- Minnesota Board of Examiners for Nursing Home Administrators
- Minnesota Board of Occupational Therapy
- Minnesota Board of Optometry
- Minnesota Board of Pharmacy
- Minnesota Board of Physical Therapy
- Minnesota Board of Psychology